Salt Therapy Two Amazing Ways!
Relax Salt Session and Our New Vitality Booth Session
We are proud to announce that we are certified by the World Halotherapy Association. Why is this important? It is an organization that certifies your facility onsite to ensure the highest quality and safety measures are in place for proper Salt Therapy.
Relax Salt Session – $35
A 45-minute Relax Salt session at Salt Works Spa consists of a holistic, drug-free natural treatment to promote better breathing, healthier skin, reduce stress, improve physical fitness/endurance and improve overall wellness.
An enjoyable mental time out, where your only job is to simply relax and breathe! The Halogenerator does all the work! This machine grounds pharmaceutical-grade salt into a micronized dry aerosol and disperses it into our beautiful Himalayan salt room.
Being surrounded by 250+ million-year-old salt from the floor to the walls is something that must be experienced! It is breathtakingly beautiful! Relaxing on heated zero-recliner chairs is like a day at the beach, without the long drive!!
Escape peacefully in our beautiful ambient lighting of the salt room with relaxing heated neck wraps. Guided meditation available via headphones.
Salt is naturally anti-bacterial, anti-viral and naturally absorbing. It acts as a “toothbrush” and “sponge” all along your respiratory tract and sinuses loosening toxins and excess mucus. The non-inhaled particles also benefit exposed skin. Dry salt gently exfoliates and helps normalize skin’s PH balance. Salt naturally dissolves any acne-causing bacteria and absorbs any excess oils.
Please be advised that the weight limit for our salt therapy chairs is 300lbs.
Vitality Booth Session – $35 per person ($50 for two people)
Our Vitality Booth Session takes place in a private booth and includes all the benefits of our 45-minute Relax Salt session, now condensed into just a 20-minute session! It doesn’t stop there though. Our Vitality Booth session includes red light therapy, near-infrared light therapy, oxygen infusion and extra mood-boosting ion production. WOW!
What we love about our Vitality Booth session, aside from the extras like red light therapy, is that it is a quick energizing way to receive salt therapy and so much more. This treatment is amazing when you want to incorporate more sessions to help with allergies, cold prevention, skin health, immune health etc. but are short on time.
Now the only thing left to do is decide . . . how would you like your salt today? Relaxation or Vitalization?
What exactly is Red Light therapy?
Red and near-infrared light are wavelengths of light that are “bioactive” in humans. There have been thousands of studies done that have repeatedly shown that near-infrared and red light exposure have a positive effect on cell function, as well as aiding in a wide range of overall benefits.
It’s all about the penetration. Most wavelengths of light (UV, blue, green, yellow etc) are unable to penetrate into the body – instead, they stay in the layers of the skin. However, as the picture below shows, red and near-infrared light are able to penetrate deeper into the human body reaching the cells, tissue, blood and nerves.
The most well-studied mechanism of action surrounding red and near-infrared therapy is increased mitochondrial energy production in the cells. Mitochondria are tiny organelles that are the energy power plants of all the cells in our body.
The specific photons found in red and near-infrared light interact with a photoreceptor within our cells called cytochrome c oxidase. This interaction stimulates the mitochondria in our cells to use oxygen more efficiently, which allows the mitochondria to produce more ATP (adenosine triphosphate). Adenosine triphosphate is a complex organic chemical that provides energy to drive the processes in living cells. When our cells have more energy, they simply perform better and the body follows suit.
Red light between 600-700nm offers benefits for skin texture/tone, smoothing fine lines, wrinkles, promoting collagen production and rejuvenating skin and hair appearance.
Near-infrared light between 700-1100nm penetrates deeper into the tissues to assist with wound healing, muscle recovery, nerve injury and joint pain.
Are there times when red light therapy should be avoided?
- Diseases that involve the retina of the eye, such as diabetes.
- Photo-sensitizing medications like lithium, melatonin, phenothiazine, antipsychotics, and some antibiotics.
- People currently taking cortisone injections or steroids.
- Use of red light therapy directly over the thyroid in specific thyroid conditions.
- Due to the increased circulation response from red/near-infrared light, it is not advised to apply red light therapy to active hemorrhage or bleeding wounds.
- Halotherapy is not recommended in the following cases: tuberculosis, fever, contagious conditions, severe heart attack, existence of cancer, or acute respiratory disease.
See our FAQ page for more about red light therapy.
What are the conditions and ailments that can be treated by Salt Therapy?
- Cold/Flu Prevention
- Hay Fever
- Sinusitis/Sinus Inflammation
Are there times when Salt Therapy should be avoided?
Salt Therapy should be avoided during the acute phase of any illness, including but not limited to the following: cancer, infections accompanied by fever, acute active tuberculosis, coughing up blood, cardiac insufficiency, contagious ailments, use of O2 tank to aid breathing, drug and alcohol intoxification. If pregnant, it is advised to check with your doctor prior to Salt Therapy.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.
Policies and Spa Etiquette:
- Anyone experiencing any flu-like symptoms must refrain from participating in any spa treatments.
- We require that all massage and facial appointments are confirmed via text, email or phone call. If we do not receive your reply confirmation, you may lose your appointment.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your treatment to allow time for any necessary paperwork.
- Patrons 12-15 years of age must have a parent/guardian present in the room.
- Patrons 16-18 years of age must have a parent/guardian sign waiver.
- Pregnant? No massage or body scrub treatments are permitted during the first trimester of pregnancy. After the first trimester, it is allowed. It is recommended to always check with your OB before partaking in any spa service.
- Your spa treatments are reserved especially for you. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. Click here to learn more about our cancellation policies and fees.
- Please be advised that the weight limit for our salt therapy chairs and our Jade bed is 300lbs.