Salt Works Spa is thrilled to partner with Dr. Colleen Curran to provide Acupuncture services to address many health and wellness needs. If this is of interest to you, please call 443-417-8692 to schedule your free 15-minute phone consultation.
Acupuncture has been scientifically proven to be effective in treating a multitude of symptoms and conditions on body, mind and spirit levels.
This is a list of just some of what our Acupuncture can treat:
- Fertility Issues
- Hot Flashes
- Accelerated Recovery from Surgery
- Digestion Issues/IBS/Constipation
- Facial Rejuvenation
- Diminish Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Results can be achieved with the first session, however, to achieve lasting results 10 or more sessions are generally recommended.
We offer treatment in two different settings and with different pricing options.
Includes heated gemstone therapy to amplify the benefits of the session.
Initial visit with consult: $120
Follow up visits: $90
Book Online Today >>
Includes Salt Therapy to amplify benefits of session.
Transition from initial visit to community: $45
Book Online Today >>
Need help deciding what treatment options are best for you?
Private sessions are for you if:
- you feel that you have a more complicated medical history or need multiple areas addressed
- you want a more extensive detailed treatment plan
- you are not comfortable receiving treatment in a community setting
- you prefer lying flat or on your stomach
Community sessions are for you if:
- you feel you do not have complicated medical issues or history
- you are looking for cost-saving options
- you are coming alone or with friends/family and are comfortable in the community setting
- you are looking to enhance benefits of regular salt therapy
At any time, you are welcome to switch between private and community options. Dr. Curran is more than happy to make recommendations on where your care, comfort level and results can be best met.
If needling is not desired or you are taking blood thinners/anticoagulants, then Acuseed Therapy – the placement of Vaccaria seeds on adhesives upon specific “acupoints” of the body to invoke similar results as acupuncture – is an option.
About Dr. Curran:
Dr. Colleen Curran, M.Ac, L.Ac, D.Ac.
Licensed Five Element Acupuncturist, Developer of Acuseed Therapy at the Kaufman Cancer Center, Reiki Master & Integrative Reflexologist, Jin Shin Jyutsu Beginning Practitioner
Having been a musician and athlete for most of her life, Dr. Curran knows about the intimate connection between body, mind and spirit. She believes that following a “path of Zen” is a continuous journey of exploration into your own empowered ability to “heal thyself” on body, mind and spirit levels.
She graduated from Mt. St. Mary’s University in 2003, earned her Master’s in Acupuncture from the Tai Sophia Institute in 2011 and her Doctorate in Acupuncture from MUIH in 2019. From 2011-2013, she became certified as an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist, received training in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture from Michelle Gellis and her Reiki Master and Integrative Reflexology Certifications from the Holistic Massage Therapy Institute.
Since 2016, she has served as the Main Acupuncturist, Clinic Manager and Supervisor of Acupuncture/AOM Internships at the Kaufman Cancer Center at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air, MD.
Her chosen treatment modalities all hold the possibility of shifting any presented symptom on body, mind and spirit levels; unless the symptom is one that is deemed to require Western medical interventions (such as surgery). Through her experience, the age of the symptom, its level and nature, along with patient constitutional/lifestyle factors all provide the information needed to assess how treatment can best be served. And, due to her experience working within a hospital setting, she believes in the collaborative power of Eastern AND Western medical modalities to provide effectively encompassing care.
Covid-19 Policy Changes as of June, 2020:
- Anyone experiencing any flu-like symptoms must refrain from participating in any spa treatments. All cancellation fees will be waived as we want to ensure safety for all employees and guests.
- Appointments are required. If you choose, we’ve added the ability to store credit card information to achieve a non-contact check out process.
- New client paperwork waiver may be submitted online prior to your appointment to avoid handling clipboards and pens. Click here for waiver.
- The same pregnancy and age restrictions are in place.
Policies and Spa Etiquette:
- Appointments preferred.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your treatment to allow time for any necessary paperwork.
- Patrons 12-15 years of age must have a parent/guardian present in the room.
- Patrons 16-18 years of age must have a parent/guardian sign waiver.
- Pregnant? No massage or body scrub treatments are permitted during the first trimester of pregnancy. After the first trimester, it is allowed. It is recommended to always check with your OB before partaking in any spa service.
- Your spa treatments are reserved especially for you. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. Click here to learn more about our cancellation policies and fees.
- Please be advised that the weight limit for our salt therapy chairs and our jade bed is 300lbs.