Red Light Therapy
Red Light Therapy
Our Red Light Therapy Booth Session takes place in a private booth and includes all the benefits of our 45-minute Relax Salt session, now condensed into just a 20-minute session! It doesn’t stop there though.
Our Red Light Therapy Booth Session includes red light therapy, near-infrared light therapy, oxygen infusion and extra mood-boosting ion production. WOW!
What we love about our Red Light Therapy Booth Session is that it is a quick energizing way to receive salt therapy and so much more. This treatment is amazing when you want to incorporate more sessions to help with allergies, cold prevention, skin health, immune health etc., but are short on time.
Red Light Therapy Session
$35 per person
$50 for two people
A 20-minute session in a private booth including red light therapy, near infrared light therapy, oxygen infusion and extra mood-boosting ion production.
What exactly is Red Light Therapy?
Red and near-infrared light are wavelengths of light that are “bioactive” in humans. There have been thousands of studies done that have repeatedly shown that near-infrared and red light exposure have a positive effect on cell function, as well as aiding in a wide range of overall benefits.
It’s all about the penetration. Most wavelengths of light (UV, blue, green, yellow, etc) are unable to penetrate into the body – instead, they stay in the layers of the skin. However, red and near-infrared light are able to penetrate deeper into the human body reaching the cells, tissue, blood and nerves.
The most well-studied mechanism of action surrounding red and near-infrared therapy is increased mitochondrial energy production in the cells. Mitochondria are tiny organelles that are the energy power plants of all the cells in our body.
The specific photons found in red and near-infrared light interact with a photoreceptor within our cells called cytochrome c oxidase. This interaction stimulates the mitochondria in our cells to use oxygen more efficiently, which allows the mitochondria to produce more ATP (adenosine triphosphate). Adenosine triphosphate is a complex organic chemical that provides energy to drive the processes in living cells. When our cells have more energy, they simply perform better and the body follows suit.
Red light between 600-700nm offers benefits for skin texture/tone, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, promoting collagen production and rejuvenating skin and hair appearance.
Near-infrared light between 700-1100nm penetrates deeper into the tissues to assist with wound healing, muscle recovery, nerve injury and joint pain.
Please be advised that the weight limit for our salt therapy chairs is 300 lbs.
Are there times when Red Light Therapy should be avoided?
- Diseases that involve the retina of the eye, such as diabetes.
- Photo-sensitizing medications like lithium, melatonin, phenothiazine, antipsychotics and some antibiotics.
- People currently taking cortisone injections or steroids.
- Use of Red Light Therapy directly over the thyroid in specific thyroid conditions.
- Due to the increased circulation response from red/near-infrared light, it is not advised to apply Red Light Therapy to active hemorrhage or bleeding wounds.
- Red Light Therapy should be avoided during the acute phase of any illness, including but not limited to the following: cancer, infections accompanied by fever, acute active tuberculosis, coughing up blood, cardiac insufficiency, contagious ailments, use of O2 tank to aid breathing, drug and alcohol intoxification. If pregnant, it is advised to check with your doctor prior to Red Light Therapy.
Learn more about our Sand Dollar Customer Rewards Program
Earn Sand Dollars when you spend money with Salt Works Spa and redeem for services and products!
Salt Works Spa
201 Gateway Drive, Suite J
Bel Air, MD 21014
We are conveniently located in Bel Air in Harford County with easy access from Baltimore County, Baltimore City, Cecil County and Southern PA.